This page sets out the Terms and Conditions on which we sell any of the products listed on our website (the Products) silentnight.co.uk (our site).
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. When placing an order, you will be invited to agree to these Terms and Conditions by ticking the box marked "I agree to the terms and conditions". If you don't accept the Terms and Conditions by ticking this box, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US silentnight.co.uk is a site operated by the Silentnight Group Limited (we, our, us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07525259. Our registered office is at Long Ing Business Park, Long Ing Lane, Barnoldswick, Lancashire BB18 6BJ. Our VAT number is 108 2580 29. Our trading address is at Long Ing Business Park, Long Ing Lane, Barnoldswick, Lancashire BB18 6BJ.
2. SERVICE AVAILABILITY Our site is intended for use by people resident in mainland Great Britain. We do not accept orders where delivery is required to locations outside mainland Great Britain, more information on our delivery locations can be found here
3. YOUR STATUS By placing an order on our site you warrant that:
you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
you are at least 18 years old;
you are resident in and require delivery to one of the locations set out in our delivery section here; and
you are accessing our site from within Great Britain.
4. ORDERING PRODUCTS After placing an order online and clicking "complete order", we will take payment for your order; you will then receive an email from us acknowledging that we have safely received and accepted your order. The contract between us (our Contract) will only be made when we send you the email confirming acceptance of your order.
5. AVAILABILITY All items are subject to stock availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if, for any reason, the Products you have ordered are not available. Please note that, on rare occasions, stock may become unavailable after we have accepted your order. In such circumstances, we may need to cancel the Contract with you. In such circumstances, if we have taken payment from your credit card or debit card we will refund the amount paid by you in full and we will thereafter have no other liability to you.
6. ORDERING ERRORS You are able to make changes to your order up to the point at which you click on the "complete order" button at the end of the checkout process. Please take the time to read your order carefully before you click the "complete order" button.
7. PRICES The price of the Products will be as quoted on our site, except in cases of obvious error. Please be aware that these prices include VAT and delivery costs unless expressly stated otherwise.
Due to the large number of Products on our site, it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our order-handling procedure so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If the Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of the rejection. We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have accepted payment and/or sent you an order acceptance if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognized by you as a mis-pricing.
8. PAYMENT We may accept payment through PayPal (if available) and with the following credit or debit cards: Visa credit and debit cards, MasterCard credit and debit cards, Switch/Maestro debit cards, Delta debit cards and Visa Electron cards. We do not accept cash, cheques or gift vouchers as payment online or payment through PayPal. By submitting an order to us through our site, you are confirming that the payment details provided on your order are valid and correct. Notwithstanding that an order may not have been accepted, we will process your credit or debit card details immediately after you place your order.
Please note that delivery of the Products to you is conditional upon payment first having been made in full.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna you can find here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
9. DELIVERY We aim to deliver all orders within 28 days of acceptance of the order but give no guarantee of delivery within this period. If you are located in a remote area, delivery may take a little longer. Silentnight will contact you with delivery details should we be unable to deliver within 28 days. Please see here for more information on delivery areas. Please note that we may deliver your order in stages.
When you have chosen the Products you want to buy from us, the delivery address will default automatically to the billing address you have entered for your payment card. If you want us to deliver your order to a different address, you can choose this option as you go through the checkout process. Although we will make every reasonable effort to ensure your Products are delivered within the timescales given above, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that they will not be affected by unforeseen issues affecting our delivery partners. Where your delivery is delayed by unforeseen circumstances we will work with our delivery partners to get your Products to you as soon as possible. We do not refund delivery charges (if any) in such circumstances.
9a. REMOVAL SERVICE Mattresses and beds to be removed must be in a safe, non-hazardous condition and the premises from which they are to be removed must be accessible and not hazardous or dangerous to enter or to remove the mattresses or divan beds from, in the opinion of Silentnight delivery operatives or delivery operatives working on behalf of Silentnight. Silentnight reserves the right to refuse to remove the mattress and/ or beds if they or their operatives consider it would be unsafe and/ or hazardous and/ or if they cannot easily enter or access the premises. Additionally, any bedframes/bedsteads must be fully dismantled prior to collection, failure to do so will result in refusal to remove this item.
10. RETURNS AND CANCELLATION POLICY If you are contracting with us as a consumer (rather than as a business), you may cancel a Contract at any time up to 14 calendar days starting on the day after the day on which you receive the Products. If your order is delivered in stages you may cancel at any time up to 14 calendar days starting on the day after the day on which you receive the final part of the delivery. Provided you comply with these Terms and Conditions and take reasonable care of the Products, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our returns policy (set out in below).
To cancel a Contract, you must inform us either by writing to us at Long Ing Lane, Barnoldswick, Lancashire BB18 6BL or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to our 'contact us' page and requesting a cancellation form. Should you choose to contact us in writing or via email please include details of your order to help us identify it, such as your order number, name and address. We will contact you to confirm we have received your cancellation.
If the Products have been processed for delivery or have been delivered at the time you notify us of your wish to cancel the Contract, then the Products must be returned to us at your own risk. We will arrange for the Products to be collected from you either by us or by a third party.
You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. You will be liable for the cost of any reduction in the value of the Products that was caused due to not taking reasonable care of them. Following the collection of the Products from you, we will check that reasonable care has been taken of the Products.
Subject to our being satisfied that reasonable care has been taken of the Products, we will process the refund to you as soon as possible, and, in any case, within 14 days following the day on which you have given notice of your cancellation of the Contract. In these circumstances, we will refund the price of Products in full, including the cost of sending the item to you via standard delivery. If you have paid for express or next day delivery you will only be refunded the standard delivery charges.
If you have cancelled the Contract and the Products have not been delivered, then we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of the day following the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation of the Contract.
If you cancel the Contract for any other reason (for example, if you think the Products are defective or they do not match their description), we will collect the Products from you and examine the returned Products. We will notify you of our decision regarding a refund within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process any refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund. Products returned to us because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending Products to you and any charge we may have levied for the collection of the Products (subject to confirmation of the fault and provided that the Products have been treated by you in accordance with the manufacturers' guidelines and care instructions), we shall not have any other liability towards you.
In all cases, please ensure that the despatch note is returned with the Products as proof of purchase. We recommend that you take a copy for your own records. We will refund you using the same method you used to pay for the Products.
Unfortunately we cannot stop an order once it's been confirmed by us. If you change your mind about your order after this point you can return the Products to us in accordance with this returns policy.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Sale affects your statutory rights in respect of defective Products.
11. RISK AND TITLE The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery even if you have given us notice that you wish to cancel the Contract. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you at the time of delivery.
13. OUR LIABILITY We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Products for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
If we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, we are responsible to you for the loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach of if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
This does not affect your statutory rights. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes any liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
If you wish to purchase our Products as a business please contact us to agree a contract.
14. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control including Acts of God, fire, flood, severe weather, explosion, war, act of terrorism, industrial dispute (whether or not involving Silentnight Group Limited's employees), failure or delay on the part of a sub-contractor or supplier or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities. This does not affect your statutory rights.
15. SEVERABILITY If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT These Terms and Conditions and other notices elsewhere on our website contain the whole agreement between us and you relating to the supply of Products. No other terms or conditions will form part of the Contract, unless agreed by us in writing and signed by an authorised Silentnight Group Limited employee.
17. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us therefore we recommend that you check these Terms and Conditions each time you order any Products.
You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions before we send you the order confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms and Conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
18. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
19. NOTICES All notices given by you to us must be given to Silentnight Group Limited at Long Ing Lane, Barnoldswick, Lancashire BB18 6BJ or by sending an email to email@example.com. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
20. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
21. LAW AND JURISDICTION Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site are governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. However, if you are a resident of Scotland, you may bring proceedings in Scotland.
Our comfort exchange gives you 60 nights to get really comfortable before making a decision. If you're still not loving your new mattress within 60 nights from delivery, you can exchange it for another mattress. It's as simple as that.
Here's how it works:
Pick your new mattress on the official Silentnight website
Sleep on it for at least 28 nights as it can take a little time to adjust to a new mattress
If you're not happy after the initial 28 nights you can exchange it for a new mattress, as long as you claim within 60 nights of delivery