London 2100 & slatted base
Thank you for your recent enquiry.
Because our Miracoil springs run head to toe, a Miracoil
mattress is the perfect partner for a slatted base.
It is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats
on a slatted base.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to
prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats,
i.e. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent
movement of slats
Metal bedsteads with tubular steel bars instead of slats.
- not recommended for use with Silentnight mattresses, these do
not offer uniform support and can cut into upholstery causing
ridges in sleep surface.