Are memory foam mattresses suitable for a slatted base frame?
A : Yes, you can use a memory foam mattress on a slatted base.
It is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base.
- Slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside.
- Maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm.
- Minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm.
- The entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be the same as the mattress.
- Slats should be secured to the bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats.