Finding the steps to help you doze off successfully - and happily - can be a nightmare. Thankfully, we've had a look into the ways you can improve your sleeptime routine.
1. Preparing your room is key - feeling not only comfortable in your bed, but in your surroundings. Try to keep the temperature just right, not too hot and not too cold. Switch all electronic devices off or on silent, this should shut your mind off to the cyber world.
2. Your mattress and pillows play a HUGE part in comfort when trying to fall asleep. The correct neck and back support can help your body to relax. This sounds obvious, but so many people forget!
3. Ever thought about keeping a pen and notepad near by? Staying awake worrying about the to-do list tomorrow isn't going to help you sleep. In fact, it will only do the opposite. Don't worry yourself trying to remember your chores: quickly jot them down and put your mind at ease.
4. Breathing. So simple and something we do all day everyday without even thinking. At night, it becomes much more prominent. Explore different breathing techniques to see which one meets your specific needs for a great night's sleep. Remember: have patience, it will be totally worth it.
5. Clear your mind. Shutting your mind off from your everyday routine and worries can be extremely difficult. The key is have the conversation with yourself that whatever is keeping you up can wait until the morning, when you have replenished your mental resources to tackle it head on. Those extra few hours of sleep could change your outlook on everything!