This weekend is set to be a scorcher, and hotter than Ibiza! Which means plenty of sunshine for us all to enjoy. When the sun goes down though, getting to sleep in these warmer temperatures can be tough.
We all know a good night's sleep is important, we need this rest in order to process information throughout the day and also to repair and rebalance the body, both physically and mentally. It can become stressful when you're unable to keep cool in bed, making it even harder to drift off and then to stay asleep.
Our Silentnight sleep expert Dr Nerina Ramlakhan advises that in order for us to sleep well, there needs to be a "fractional temperature difference between our body and brain" - in other words, 'a warm body and a cool head!'
To help with this Nerina has put together her five top tips that will help to keep the nation cool in the hot and humid weather:
1. Stop your bedroom over-heating during the day by keeping curtains and blinds closed
2. Wash your feet with cold water before getting into bed, and run your wrists under cold water
3. Use light bed sheets and a summer duvet - 4.5 Tog recommended
4. Try a Geltex mattress from Silentnight, with an innovative combination of an extremely elastic gel and air-permeable foam offering unparalleled breathability to prevent the body from overheating
5. Finally, it is essential to stay well hydrated during the day and most importantly, don't fret too much if you can't sleep. Use the time to rest and think positive thoughts to help you be extra productive the next day