Adding a plant to your bedside table or dresser can be a quick fix way to brighten your bedroom. Houseplants instantly bring rooms to life by adding colour, personality and texture, and just a few pots here and there can help achieve the desired, natural bedroom look.
There are other reasons to bring plants into your bedroom that go beyond aesthetics. Their air-purifying and mood-enhancing qualities can lead to healthier and more relaxed sleep. When your partner asks why you’ve spent so much on plants this month, tell them you’re helping to transform their sleep and thank us for the excuse later.
We asked the original letterbox flower delivery company, Bloom & Wild, for their favourite plants that will provide prettier bedrooms and peaceful sleep:
"We love how orchids have the power to add instant elegance to any room, so we think their simple beauty is perfect for any bedroom style. And elegance isn’t the only thing they add; orchids release oxygen in the evening which helps us sleep healthier and wake up happier. They’re also really easy to care for. Bonus!"
"If you’re looking for a subtle way to bring some greenery to your bedroom windowsill, it’s time we introduce you to our trio of succulents. They’re bedded in moss in a chic tray cleverly made using reclaimed coffee-husks and we think they’re just the thing to liven up a bedroom dressing table or windowsill."
"A fern is the perfect way to add a splash of colour to your bedroom. It’s also long-lasting, low-maintenance and an excellent air purifier, making it the perfect houseguest and perfect for your sleep."
"It’s been proven that having plants at home can help improve levels of positive energy and lower levels of stress and anxiety. That’s a good enough reason to introduce a houseplant into your bedroom, even if you don’t have much room. The Ivy & Friends mini monstera, boat lily and ivy will add that touch of positivity to your bedroom without taking up much space at all."
Introducing plants into your bedroom, or as the plant-lovers call it “biophilic design”, can help to create an oasis of calm and the serene sleep space of your dreams. We’ve partnered with Bloom & Wild to give one plant-obsessed sleeper the chance to win their letterbox-friendly Fern.
Enter the form below before Sunday 13th September at 6pm to be in with the chance of winning.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to any mainland UK resident aged 18 years old and over
- The competition will start on Monday 1st Septmber 2020
- The competition will end at 6:00pm (GMT) on Sunday 13th September 2020
- The winner will be notified on Monday 14th September 2020
- By entering this competition, entrants must be aware of and agree to be bound to these terms and conditions and any other terms of entry or instructions as published
- The winners of the competition will be selected by Silentnight Group
- All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners of the competition but if they are declined by the winners, or if the winners cannot be contacted from the details sup-plied on their entry form within 28 days of the notification date, replacement winner(s) will be selected at random at the promoter's discretion and will be notified by the promoter by email. The original entry/nomination will then be forfeited.
- The first name and country of the competition winners will be available for three months from the notification date and can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
- All entrants agree not to discredit, denigrate or bring into disrepute the promoter, its products and services or its business partners and confirm that they have no reason to believe that their participation in the competition will have such an effect.
- The promoter reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the competition or any part of it without prior notice or compensation, where this is due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The promoter's decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the promoter and its associated companies, agents and affiliates exclude responsibility and all liabilities for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the competition and competition prize.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with them, shall be governed by or construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- The promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries from third parties and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any failure to submit a valid entry by the closing date.
- We reserve the right to amend or update these terms and conditions. Where we do this we shall advertise any such amendments on our website www.silentnight.co.uk
- Any entrant found not to comply with these terms and conditions or any other Prize Draw rules, instructions or requirements will be disqualified.
- We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is used properly and is kept securely. We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons.