The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder.
With the winter months just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start your search for something that will help keep you warmer. Kiss goodnight to cold feet and bedtime shivers with these winter bedroom essentials.
Don’t underestimate duvets. A winter duvet should be top of your list so you can stay comfortable and sleep at the optimum temperature every night. The rule is: as the temperature goes down, your duvet tog goes up. Higher tog duvets are heavier and warmer, trapping in heat and keeping you toasty all night long. 10.5 tog or 13.5 tog duvets are what you’re looking for.
Bedding and accessories
Create a warm and cosy sleep haven where you can hibernate until spring arrives. That means shopping for your bed’s winter wardrobe. Swap bright and breezy for cosy comfort, silk sheets for teddy fleece, and lightweight blankets for chunky throws. Keep style, warmth and layering in mind when you’re choosing a new duvet cover set and the all-important accessories for your bed.
The secret ingredient for a winter warm night’s sleep. Lay an electric blanket over or under your fitted sheet to get your bed toasty warm before lights out. There are many different types available including ones with different heat settings, overheat protection, ultra-fast heat up and, our favourite, dual control so you can set a different temperature for each side of the bed.
Little changes to warm-up your bedroom decor can make the biggest difference. Treat your feet to warmth in the morning with a cosy rug. Pick moody hues for complete cosiness or whites to create your own winter wonderland. And don’t forget, tis the season for festive scents and crackling wick candles.
To help you create your own winter bedroom sanctuary, we’re giving you the chance to win the Silentnight Easi Heat Electric Blanket with edge to edge coverage and three heat settings for complete comfort control.
Enter the form below before Sunday 25th October at 6pm to be in with the chance of winning.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to any mainland UK resident aged 18 years old and over
- The competition will start on Thursday 15th October 2020
- The competition will end at 6:00pm (GMT) on Sunday 25th October 2020
- The winner will be notified on Monday 26th October 2020
- By entering this competition, entrants must be aware of and agree to be bound to these terms and conditions and any other terms of entry or instructions as published
- The winners of the competition will be selected by Silentnight Group
- All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners of the competition but if they are declined by the winners, or if the winners cannot be contacted from the details sup-plied on their entry form within 28 days of the notification date, replacement winner(s) will be selected at random at the promoter's discretion and will be notified by the promoter by email. The original entry/nomination will then be forfeited.
- The first name and country of the competition winners will be available for three months from the notification date and can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
- All entrants agree not to discredit, denigrate or bring into disrepute the promoter, its products and services or its business partners and confirm that they have no reason to believe that their participation in the competition will have such an effect.
- The promoter reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the competition or any part of it without prior notice or compensation, where this is due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The promoter's decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the promoter and its associated companies, agents and affiliates exclude responsibility and all liabilities for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the competition and competition prize.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with them, shall be governed by or construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- The promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries from third parties and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any failure to submit a valid entry by the closing date.
- We reserve the right to amend or update these terms and conditions. Where we do this we shall advertise any such amendments on our website www.silentnight.co.uk
- Any entrant found not to comply with these terms and conditions or any other Prize Draw rules, instructions or requirements will be disqualified.
- We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is used properly and is kept securely. We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons.