Win a Sanctuary Spa Sleep Mist & Body Balm from their brand new Wellness range.
Being able to leave the day behind and prepare for a great night's sleep requires careful consideration of your 'sleep space'. A good environment is an essential part of getting deep, restorative sleep that so many people neglect. Our resident Sleep Expert, Dr Nerina, shares her tips to create the perfect sleep sanctuary.
1. Bedroom equals rest and relaxation
Turn your bedroom into a calming space that you really want to spend time in. Your bedroom should be a place of rest and relaxation, so the first step is to declutter and tidy up. Clear away all traces of work, the laundry basket or children's toys to enable you to leave the day behind and enter a deep sleep.
2. There's an optimum temperate for good sleep...
...and it's around 19°C. Remember; this is all about how you feel and what you need. The same can go for darkness in the room: create a level of darkness that feels right for you.
3. The smell of your bedroom can help or hinder sleep
Experiment with aromatherapy. Our olfactory system is directly linked to the emotional center in the brain meaning when we smell something we deem to be calming, it helps us relax. Use essential oils, mists and bodycare products with scents that are calming and soothing to your senses to help ease your mind and promote sleep. Popular among struggling sleepers are lavender, chamomile, frankincense, jasmine and cedarwood.
4. Don't reply to emails in bed
When we look at our phone or a computer screen our brain mentally responds to the blue light, waking us up and making it impossible for us to unwind and prepare for sleep. It might be a tough habit to break but if you’re serious about getting a good night’s sleep, log off your emails and put down your phone 60-90 minutes before bed.
5. Make sure you're comfortable
If you wake up feeling unrested and uncomfortable, it could be time for some new bedding. Bedding is easily overlooked, but can play a massive role in the quality of your sleep. Use our bedding buying guide to find the perfect pillow or duvet for you.
Win a Sanctuary Spa Sleep Mist and Body Balm
We’ve partnered with Sanctuary Spa to giveaway their brand new Wellness Sleep Mist and Wellness De-stress Warming Body Balm to 10 lucky winners. Spritz the sleep mist over body, face and pillow to help you fall asleep with a mood-enhancing blend of jasmine, patchouli and frankincense. Experience calming comfort and de-stressing warmth before bed with the ginger- and rosemary oil-infused body butter.
Enter the form below before Thursday 28th May 2020 to be in with the chance of winning.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to any mainland UK resident aged 18 years old and over
- The competition will start on Thursday 21st May 2020
- The competition will end at 6pm on Thursday 28th May 2020
- The winners will be notified on Monday 1st June 2020
- By entering this competition, entrants must be aware of and agree to be bound to these terms and conditions and any other terms of entry or instructions as published
- The winners of the competition will be selected by Silentnight Group
- Each winner will receive one Sanctuary Spa Wellness Sleep Mist 100ml and one Sanctuary Spa Wellness De-stress Warming Body Balm 150ml
- All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners of the competition but if they are declined by the winners, or if the winners cannot be contacted from the details sup-plied on their entry form within 28 days of the notification date, replacement winner(s) will be selected at random at the promoter's discretion and will be notified by the promoter by email. The original entry/nomination will then be forfeited
- The first name and country of the competition winners will be available for three months from the notification date and can be obtained by contacting email@example.com
- All entrants agree not to discredit, denigrate or bring into disrepute the promoter, its products and services or its business partners and confirm that they have no reason to believe that their participation in the competition will have such an effect
- The promoter reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the competition or any part of it without prior notice or compensation, where this is due to circumstances beyond its control
- The promoter's decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the promoter and its associated companies, agents and affiliates exclude responsibility and all liabilities for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the competition and competition prize
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with them, shall be governed by or construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions
- The promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries from third parties and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any failure to submit a valid entry by the closing date
- We reserve the right to amend or update these terms and conditions. Where we do this we shall advertise any such amendments on our website www.silentnight.co.uk
- Any entrant found not to comply with these terms and conditions or any other Prize Draw rules, instructions or requirements will be disqualified
- We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is used properly and is kept securely. We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons