Win an Aqua Optima lumi chilled filtered water dispenser.
Workers across the country are slowly trying to adjust to the ‘new normal’ of working from home. For many, this means our dining tables have become our desks, our families have become our colleagues, and new drinking and snacking habits and routines are being established.
Adopting a healthy diet is particularly important while working from home to not only keep up our energy levels but to help us to have a good night’s sleep too.
With this in mind, the experts at water filtration brand Aqua Optima have provided five top tips on how to make sure staying hydrated is part of your ‘working from home’ routine. They’re also giving you the chance to win your own lumi filtered chilled filtered water dispenser.
Refreshment breaks are essential
Take a tea or coffee break in the morning and afternoon - not only will this help fuel your body and keep you hydrated, it also helps you to take some well-needed ‘me time’. Filtered water is ideal when making a hot drink, as it improves the flavour and softens the tap water, reducing the scale forming minerals. Use your tea break to host video calls with family and friends, and take some time for human interaction.
Leave ‘note to self’ tips around the house
Adjusting to our ‘new normal’ will take time, and it’s easy to forget to drink enough when settling into a new routine. Leave notes on your desk and even around the house as a reminder to have a glass of water, or set an alarm to make sure you have a drink every couple of hours. This will help keep concentration up and headaches away.
Keep it chilled
Everyone should be drinking at least 2 litres of fluid per day and it’s easier to do this when water tastes good and is chilled. Try using a water filter jug, which is a cheaper long term investment than bottled water and can be kept in the fridge to keep the water cold and refreshing all day.
Keep everyone happy and hydrated
If you’re making a drink, also make one for others in your household to keep the full working from home team happy and hydrated. This will also allow the household get a better night’s sleep.
Mix it up with fruit cordials and herbal teas
Mix your working from home drinks up throughout the day to keep things interesting. There are lots of fruit cordials and various types of teas to choose from, including green, herbal and yellow - now could be the time to try new flavours and encourage yourself to stay hydrated.
It’s also important to get into the habit of hydrating yourself before bed. Making sure you're hydrated before bedtime most importantly helps you get a good night's sleep, but it also helps add to your glowing complexion and can even aid weight loss.
Win an Aqua Optima lumi filtered chilled filtered water dispenser
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to any mainland UK resident aged 18 years old and over
- The competition will start on Wednesday 6th May 2020
- The competition will end at 6:00pm (GMT) on Wednesday 20th May 2020
- The winners will be notified on Tuesday 26th May 2020
- By entering this competition, entrants must be aware of and agree to be bound to these terms and conditions and any other terms of entry or instructions as published
- The winners of the competition will be selected by Silentnight Group
- All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners of the competition but if they are declined by the winners, or if the winners cannot be contacted from the details sup-plied on their entry form within 28 days of the notification date, replacement winner(s) will be selected at random at the promoter's discretion and will be notified by the promoter by email. The original entry/nomination will then be forfeited.
- The first name and country of the competition winners will be available for three months from the notification date and can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
- All entrants agree not to discredit, denigrate or bring into disrepute the promoter, its products and services or its business partners and confirm that they have no reason to believe that their participation in the competition will have such an effect.
- The promoter reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the competition or any part of it without prior notice or compensation, where this is due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The promoter's decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the promoter and its associated companies, agents and affiliates exclude responsibility and all liabilities for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the competition and competition prize.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with them, shall be governed by or construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- The promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries from third parties and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any failure to submit a valid entry by the closing date.
- We reserve the right to amend or update these terms and conditions. Where we do this we shall advertise any such amendments on our website www.silentnight.co.uk
- Any entrant found not to comply with these terms and conditions or any other Prize Draw rules, instructions or requirements will be disqualified.
- We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is used properly and is kept securely. We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons.